Put down roots with expert guidance from local Minnesota lenders. We’ve been helping people find their way home for over 100 years.
- Competitive Rates
- Refinancing Available
- Local Processing
- Competitive rates for home purchase, refinance, or construction
- Available for primary residence, second homes, vacation homes, or investment properties
- A wide range of terms customized to your unique situation
- A wide range of financing programs available:
- Fixed-rate mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs)
- USDA Rural Housing Loans
- FHA Loans
- VA Loans
- First Time Homebuyer specials
- Construction Loans
- Free pre-approval for extra confidence when buying your home
- Refinance your current home to potentially lower your rate
- Helpful loan advisors with working knowledge of the Minnesota real estate market
- Prompt, local decision-making and processing
- Attentive, friendly service from start to finish
Best-Rate Purchase and Refinance Loans
High-credit quality borrowers can get the lowest interest rates in the market for purchase and refinance.
Building a new home can be an exciting prospect — unless you get caught up in a construction loan approval process that’s overly complicated and time-consuming. With this loan we can finance a percentage of the cost of land, plus the costs of construction. We offer a one-time fixed-rate closing.
Funds used to rehabilitate or remodel an existing home. This can be a new purchase or a refinance. This is perfect for buying a fixer-upper, and first-time homebuyers are eligible.
Subordinate to the first mortgage, these loans offer the ability to get money for home improvements, debt consolidation or many other reasons without disturbing their first mortgage. Convenient when you have a low interest first mortgage.
Backed by the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development; this mortgage offers the ability to reduce your down payment, and finance allowable closing costs. Seller can contribute a percentage of the purchase price to the buyer toward closing costs.
One of few remaining 100% financing options, this loan is backed by the Veterans Administration and the Federal Government — for qualified Veterans or military persons.
USDA Rural Housing
One of few remaining 100% financing options, backed by USDA and the Federal Government. Please contact us to help you determine if your property is eligible for this program which has very competitive rates and low costs, in addition to the no-down-payment requirement.
We provide loans for our real estate investment partners to finance the purchase, refinance and/or rehabilitation of rental and buy/fix/sell properties. We have the ability to underwrite and fund loans for properties ranging from single unit to multi-unit complexes (see Commercial Lending Services). Whether you are a new investor or a seasoned expert, you will find our experience and options valuable to your business.
Also called non-conforming loans, are mortgages with loan amounts greater than the conforming loan limit. The conforming loan limit is set every January. The current conforming loan limit is $484,350.
The Mortgage Process
Buying a home is one of the largest purchases you will ever make. We are here to make the process as simple and streamlined as possible. Whether you are buying, building or refinancing, we offer a wide variety of mortgage options. Our lenders will work with you to find the mortgage that meets your needs. Ask us for information about our mortgage and home equity options.
- Get Pre-Approved. This is your first step. Talk with us about your goals, dreams and needs, and we will uncomplicate the mortgage process and answer any questions you may have.
- Our Mortgage Application Checklist provides a thorough list of the information you should bring to the application meeting to expedite the review and approval process.
- Review loan options together (either in person or by phone). You can count on us for exceptional service and endless mortgage options.
- Consider a home inspection, once the property is identified, for purchases. This is optional, but highly recommended. A home inspection is an evaluation of the overall condition of the home and identifies potential problem areas before you buy, saving you money and stress.
- Get an appraisal, if needed. Your lender will order the appraisal. This appraisal is to determine the value of the property.
- Obtain Homeowner’s Insurance. Identify an insurance agent that you feel comfortable working with before you find your property.
- Secure loan approval. We make this as easy as possible for you. The lenders at Financial Security Bank will work with your insurance agent, the local title company, appraiser and other parties as needed to get your loan approved as fast as possible.
- Close your loan. Your lender will coordinate your closing with the title company, so all you have to do is move in!